Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Slightly delayed first post


Hey everybody,

Here's my first post from Athens. You'll get to see my apartment and the view from my window. I apologize if the video quality is poor; I've never put videos on Blogger before, so I don't know how well it handles it....
Over the next couple of weeks I'll bring my camera around the city and show you some cool things that I've seen. The view from the Acropolis at night is something special. For now, I'm doing fine; I'm having fun. My mailing address is on Facebook if you'd like to send me mail. I would surely love to receive it.

Of note:
I saw a device called the "Fischer Panda Generator." I'm not sure exactly what it does, but it probably isn't what I'd like it to.
My apartment is at least 30-minute walk to the Academic Center, where my classes are. There are lots of stairs. I will be so fit, man.
I've met two people who know people I know at Brandeis, and I met a girl who went to Pinkerton. Crazy world.
The post office near my apartment closes at 2 p.m. This is the reason why no one has gotten any letters yet. Don't expect any for like a week, at least. I'm not sure how long it takes a letter to get from Athens to New England.

Mucho mucho loveo.

4 comments:

  1. LOOK OUT MARISSA, THERE'S A TIGER ON YOUR BED!

    Also, sweet digs. Hope the cookies were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't tell you what Fischer-Panda generators do. Just assume that in some dimension, they generate pandas.

    I like the apartment. The view from your window looks pleasant. At the least, it beats my view of Ziv 130.

    Yay cookies! Hope they were worth the half-hour (!!!) walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I totally forgot I mentioned cookies in this. They actually weren't that good, but I later bought the best packaged cookies I've ever eaten for .75 Euro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Matt, I didn't know you had a blag.

    ReplyDelete