Friday, September 4, 2009

No video this time, just some words

Hello everyone,

I'm early for my first class, so I'm sitting in the academic center using one of their computers. Videos might be a bit slow in coming, because the trackpad on my laptop has decided to go bonkers for some reason, which makes it difficult to do anything, let alone edit video. However, I just discovered that these computers have Windows Movie Maker, so I might be utilizing that. Anyway, enough boring stuff.

I mailed my first letters today. It was kind of expensive, but I was expecting that. Also, the post office here is a little silly. First of all, it's open from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., which makes it a little difficult for me to find time to get there. And then the actual process was weird too. You go in and push a button on a machine ("A" for anything except packages and "B" for packages") and you get a number. Then you sit in a chair with other people and wait for your number to come up on the screen thingy. When I went, there were five counters and two tellers--one for letters and one for packages. Then the letter lady went away. But no one had packages, so the package lady was just sitting there doing whatever. Finally, this old Greek lady starts talking to her. She says something back, and the old lady says, "Okay, sorry." Then another guy chimes in and the package lady gets kind of miffed and pushes a button. The next "non-package" number came up on the screen and she started making transactions. I think I witnessed a mini riot for reform. Anyway, the letter lady eventually came back and I got my stamps and sent my letters.

My roommates and I went to this great farmer's market today. I plan to get all my food there from now on.

Okay, it's 10:33, and my class is at 10:40, so I have to go.

Love,
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment