Friday, September 11, 2009

Another video for you!


Hello all,

I finally made a second video. This one has not only my face but also some Athens in it. Apologies for the less-than-stellar editing.

Trivia:
I'm whispering because my roommates are in the apartment and the walls are thin, and I felt weird about just talking into a camera in my room...
The song in the second part has nothing to do with anything; it's just been stuck in my head for days and days. So now you can experience Athens the way I've been experiencing it. With Colin Meloy in the background.
It's so dark because it's very late at night, and the lightbulb in my room doesn't do much in the way of illumination.
One of the shots is flipped horizontally.
This is pared down from about 30 minutes of footage. Most of it was terrible.
This is the second time I've posted this, because the first time the video was inexplicably messed up.

In other news, I've been having a great couple of days. Some friends and I went out on the town last night and had lots of fun, and today I got a somewhat incredible amount of food at the farmer's market, considering what I paid for it. One lady gave me free carrots!
Free carrots were one of the highlights of my week. I find joy in the simple things, I guess.

OH! And I now have an x-ray of my lungs! SO COOL.

P.S. I just found out about a Catholic church really close to where I live that has Mass in English on Sunday nights at 7 p.m.! I think I'm going to go this Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Marissa! Love the blog. What an adventure you're on. I will think of you when I am teaching Greek mythology to my sixth graders. I will read this regularly to see how things are going "over the rainbow."
    Peter Keeley
    (Your old PACE LA teacher)
    P.S. Your mom sent me the link.
    P.P.S. Love the pink hair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Keeley!

    I'm glad you like it! I've been having a great time in Athens so far. If you'd like any pictures of sculptures or vase paintings of Greek myths for your class, I get into the museums here for free ;)

    Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete