Monday, October 12, 2009

My weekend in Santorini


was pretty great.

The above picture is to prove to Papa that I am not, in fact, gaining weight, thank you very much.

But anyway, Santorini is beautiful, unsurprisingly. When we first got there, the place was crawling with tourists, but we went to a museum and chilled on the beach by the hostel (the nicest hostel ever, by the way). That night we went out to a restaurant with some Greek music and dancing, and we met some kids from Australia and the U.S.

Sidebar: I found the greatest bargain ever. I had forgotten to pack my bathing suit, which is a problem on Santorini, because the beaches there are absurdly lovely. So Gary convinced me to just buy one there. I stumbled upon a clothing store that sold bikinis and asked for the cheapest one. The saleslady pulled out this awesome yellow bikini with flowers sewn to it and said that I could have it and anything else on a specific rack for 20 Euros. So I thought, well I might as well get something outrageous. That's when I came across this fantastic brightly colored (predominantly pink) art deco-patterned sundress, which fit like it was made for me. So I bought both things and walked about of the store with my pretty new clothes, thoroughly pleased with myself. I later looked at the tag on the dress: It was originally SEVENTY SEVEN EUROS. And I got it for less than 20. Aww yeahhh.

Sunday was relaxing. A few hours on the beach, a few hours looking around shops, a couple horrifically unhealthy crepes and one delicious piece of cake. Good day, in my opinion.

Represent!
The nicest hostel ever: http://www.annystudios.com/
We paid eight Euros for one night in that beautiful place. The service was fantastic, it was clean, and it was literally about 50 feet from a black-sand beach.

3 comments:

  1. You got a great bargain because Greeks consider summer to be over on September 1, and trendy Santorini can't keep it 'til next season to sell. Sweet deal for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah hi! You're the one with the great Web site about living in Athens! I read some of your articles before I came to Greece, and it was a great resource.
    γειά σου!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going there. :) It looks absolutely beautiful.

    -Beth

    ReplyDelete